Safety rule: Always ask a dog's owner “May I pet your dog?”
- Keep your dog inside if it's extremely cold or hot outside.
- Keep your dog on a leash whenever you are out side with no fence.
- Play fair with your dog. Teasing can make dogs mean.
- Give your dog quiet time to rest.
- Feed your dog healthy foods.
- Make fresh water available.
- Use your voice to discipline.
- Always take your dog outside at regular times. They need to know they can trust you to be unselfish and take of their needs.
- Dog obedience training will help your dog behave better.
By learning to take good care of our animals, we learn to take better care of ourselves and each other!